Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mirrors, Funny Games, My Best Friends Girl

With my new membership to Family Video I have been able to rent so many movies I didn’t even know how to choose. The other day I get up to the counter with Changeling and Boy in the Striped Pajamas. They asked me if I wanted to redeem my two free movies that are 2 for $1. I was like WOW great now I get to make more decisions. After roaming the aisles of the movies store I was able to pick out Funny Games and Before the Devil Knows you’re Dead. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to watch the later before it was due. Funny Games however, I was able to watch and actually enjoyed it. I didn’t know anything about it before I watched it other than the golf club on the cover of the white box. It was most definitely not what I was expecting. A good movie though, crazy, but good. I also rented Mirrors starring Keaffer Sutherland, Jack from 24. He plays his typical role of always being the hero who needs to discover what is haunting the old shopping mall he’s just been appointed security guard for. When the mystery soon involves his family it’s a race to solve the mystery before his family is taken from him. Although I don’t know how I feel about the movie overall there are a few good parts to it. Also that time at the store I rented My Best Friends Girl. I thought it was really funny but every time I watch Dane Cook in a movie I realize how much I appreciate Ryan Reynolds acting. I know sounds crazy but I always get these two guys confused and with their filmographies expanding I’m starting to be able to tell the difference. Ryan Reynolds can act.

No comments:

Post a Comment