Monday, April 20, 2009

Adventureland

Adventureland opened April 3, 2009 and as soon as I saw the previews for the movie I was really excited. I like a lot of the actors in the movie and the humor is right up my alley. I love those coming-of-age, romantic, comedy movies like this. Napoleon Dynamite and Superbad are what this movie reminds me of kind of a Pinapple Express too but on a much more low key level.

The movie has some very big comedic names in it:
Jessie Eisenberg - The Village
Kristen Stewart – Twilight, Panic Room, Into the Wild, The Messengers
Martin Starr – Superbad, Knocked Up, Revelations
Kristen Wiig – Saturday Night Live, Knocked Up
Bill Hader – Saturday Night Live, Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express
Margarita Levieva – Noise, The Invisible, Spread
Ryan Reynolds – X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Paper Man, Definitely, Maybe, Smokin’ Aces, Just Friends, Waiting…, The Amityville Horror

My favorite part of the movie is when Eisenberg and Stewart decide to blow off some steam from work and head to the bar. Eisenberg has a tendancey to reveal too much too soon and decides his relationship with Stewart is at the level where he needs to share his sexual experience with her. His track record with this subject isn’t great but he feels he needs to tell her, and every other girl he might be the slightest bit interested in. I also thought the opening scene for the movie was perfect and really set the style for the movie. Very good directing and actor selection.

I’m a big fan of Kristen Wiig from Saturday Night Live and think that she did a great job in her role. I cannot get over how funny she is and how she looks so serious while being a complete goof ball.

It's a good date movie both guys and girls will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment